Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Meet MVYSO...and me.

Hello all you music and or fun lovers out there! Welcome to the OFFICIAL Maple Valley Youth Symphony Blog. This is the spot where I will talke shamelessly about how great MVYSO is, what they are doing, and whatever else is on my mind. I'll also offer tips on how to practice, prepare for auditions, and lots of pictures and videos. I'm a very multimedia sort of person.
My name is Susan, and I'm pretty far from the annoymous blogger. I'm a music graduate from WSU, and I love to write, read, draw, make music, teach music, eat Nutella,  and wear anythingly shinely or sparkly. Basically, I'm a hyper-active magpie. I'll constantly be talking about my own likes and dislikes, my opinions about music and the importance of music education, and want you to know that my views don't necessarily represent the views of the entire organization. So if you agree, disagree, or have anything to add to my posts, please write a comment!

Now that thats out of the way, let get on to the good stuff.

Maple Valley Youth Symphony is a fast growing Youth symphony with two full orchestras, and two developmental programs for very young musicians. It is based in Maple Valley Washington, and is one of the most positive Youth Symphony atmospheres in the region. Check out the website http://www.mvyso.org/ to learn more about them.
Next post, I'll talk about what music they are playing, and when. Be sure to check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment